Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

I want candy (bars)!

I love sweets! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of the things I miss most now that I am vegan. That's why I was super excited when I learned that Go Max Go! Foods makes a vegan peanut butter cup with rice milk chocolate. I'm going through a break-up and feeling a little mopey, so I decided to cheer myself up with a little vegan candy bar taste test. here's what I tried:

Go Max Go Foods - Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups 

Price: $3.99
Calories/Fat: 240/18
Taste: Really good. The chocolate didn't have the same thin, peely quality as Reese's, but the peanut butter was spot on
Grade: A-

Go Max Go Foods - Twilight (similar to a milky way) 

Price: $3.99
Calories/Fat: 250/9
Taste: OK. The chocolate and caramel were good. The nougat was dense and not at all like I remember milky ways being
Grade: C

Go Max Go Foods - Mahalo (similar to an Almond Joy) 

Price: $3.99
Calories/Fat: 280/19
Taste: Amazing! Tasted exactly how I remember an Almond Joy
Grade: A

Enjoy Life - Boom Choco Boom Ricemilk Crunch (similar to a Nestle Crunch) 

Price: $1.99
Calories/Fat: 170/10
Taste: Solid. Tasted a lot like those cheap chocolates I remember being in stockings at christmas time.
Grade: C-

Crispy Cat Mint Coconut

Price: $2.69
Calories/Fat: 210/8
Taste: Awful. Overpowering mint flavor. Tasted like an energy bar. Way too healthy tasting to qualify as a candy bar in my book.
Grade: D

What are your favorite vegan candies?


- Shelly

P.S. I'm totally listening to this song as I write this post. I don't think I've ever loved anyone more than ice cream. I guess that's why I'm single. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment